Consumer Benefits - IICRC Certified Firms have earned the right to display the Cleantrust logo as a symbol of quality. In order to achieve IICRC-certified status, firms must meet a rigorous list of standards in business ethics and expertise.
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
Consumer benefits - the IICRC actively has relationships with fiber producers, carpet and fabric mills, furnishing manufacturers and retailers, and others affiliated with the industry. The use of Cleantrust service professionals is specified in leading manufacturers’ maintenance brochures and warranties. There are many consumer benefits of using an IICRC certified firm.
Before hiring anyone confirm that they are trained by the IICRC in the type of work to be performed. Be sure ask for credentials. Be sure to informally interview the company representative or technician. Obtain a written estimate of the work to be completed. Be sure to receive a written contract or invoice confirming the total price along with any statements or guarantees. Consumer Benefits of using a certified firm are great, the drawbacks of hiring a non certified firm can be even greater. Be sure to ask questions and be sure that the company is indeed certified. A little time now, can save you a lot of aggravation later.
More information about consumer benefits of using an IICRC certified firm can be found on their website at IICRC.org