CHOOSE CLEANER AIR. CHOOSE BETTER HEALTH. CHOOSE CARPET.
For a long time, there’s been a misconception that carpet exacerbates asthma and allergy symptoms. In fact, the opposite is true. Studies have shown that properly cleaned and maintained carpet not only reduces asthma and allergy problems, it’s actually the best flooring for people who suffer from them.
What You Should Know about a clean carpet in Calvert County MD
• There is no scientific study linking the rise of allergy and asthma to the use of carpet. Indeed, several studies actually disprove any correlation.
• A 15-year Swedish study found no link between carpet usage and the incidence of allergy or asthma. In fact, when carpet usage in Sweden decreased by 70 percent, allergy reactions in the general population increased by 30 percent.1
• Also, an 18-nation study of nearly 20,000 people found a statistical relationship between carpeted bedrooms and reduced asthma symptoms and bronchial responsiveness.2
• One more point: A 2003 study of more than 4,600 school children in New Jersey found that having carpet in a child’s bedroom was associated with fewer missed school days and less need for asthma medication. If carpet helped the children, it can certainly help adults in the same home as well.
• A possible explanation: carpet acts like a filter, trapping allergens away from the breathing zone so they can be removed through proper vacuuming and deep cleaning extraction. For best results removing pollutants trapped in carpet, use CRI Seal of Approval vacuums and CRI Seal of Approval cleaning products and systems. Find out more at carpet-rug.org. The Facts about Carpet and Asthma and Allergy for Dealers and Consumers
1 Shishoo, R. and Borjesson, A. 1996. Allergy claims ‘unproved’. Carpet and Flooring Review (January5).
2 Zock, J.P., D. Jarvis, C. Luczynska, J. Sunyer, and P. Burney. 2002. Housing Characteristics, reported mold exposure, and asthma in the European Community Respiratory Health Survey, Journal Allergy and Clinical Immunology 110 no.2:285-292. Community Respiratory Health Survey, Journal
Anti Spam Policy
Contact Us 301-855-3573
WE SET A HIGHER STANDARD OF CLEAN!