Removing Pet Stains
There are many different products available on themarket that will help you to remove almost all types
of stains. The ideal solution in minimizing or totallyremoving stains is by simply cleaning the spills
and dirt the moment they crop up. Cleaning them upwon’t even require you to leave your home just to
rush out and buy the expensive types of cleaningproducts.
There are several ways to clean up stains simply byusing products already available in your home which
you use on a regular basis, such as detergents,rubbing alcohol, vinegar, lemon juice, etc. Itssimply matter of knowing how to use these commonhousehold products and the procedures involved toclean up stains. Below, you’ll find some tips onhow to clean up pet stains and some other types ofcommon carpet stains.
For your first option you can use one teaspoon ofclear, household type ammonia to a half cup ofcold water. You can use this solution in a spraybottle or apply it to the carpet directly. It isvery important not to wet the carpets backing whenyou apply the solution. After you have appliedthe solution, use paper towels to blot then allowit to dry completely.
For a second option, you can use detergent solutionmade of hand soap or dish soap. The combinationis one quarter of a teaspoon detergent to one quartof water. You should always make sure the soapdoesn’t contain bleach or lanolin.The third and best option, is to use water, itcan re-hydrate the stain to help with removal. Mosttypes of pet stains can be cleaned up by using asteam cleaner. Once you have finished, be sureto dry the area as thoroughly as possible.
1. You can purchase isopropyl rubbingalcohol at your local department or grocery store.
2. You can apply it by pouring some onto aclean white towel or cloth. You can use papertowels as well, as long as they are white.
3. Blot the stain as much as possibleuntil it is removed.
4. Make sure you be careful, because if thestain is small, you need to blot in one directiononly so you don’t spread the stain.
Beer and wine stains
1. Mix a solution with one part whitevinegar and one part water.
2. Apply the mixture to the stain using aspray bottle to saturate.
3. You should allow the stain to sit aroundten to fifteen minutes.
4. Use a sponge and clean in a rubbingmotion.
5. Rinse the area with warm water.
6. Brush the carpet pile back into thenatural direction it has.
7. By using layers of white paper towels,place paper towels on top of the area, then somethingwith weight on the paper towels. Allow everythingtime to sit like this until the area has dried.